From summertime picnics and barbecues to playing games and getting exercise, our backyards serve an important purpose. It’s really no surprise that 63% of respondents in a recent landscaping survey said they’d be willing to pay more for a home if it was located in an area with good green spaces. For many people, an important part of the American dream is having a big backyard. Here, your children can play freely and your friends and relatives can gather to create lasting memories. That’s an ideal countless families want for themselves.
Of course, great landscaping plays an all-important role in developing the backyard of your dreams. But to be truly special, your backyard should also contain some other elements that add both visual interest and practical usage. Custom carpentry for landscaping can do just that. Let’s take a closer look at five creative ways your carpentry professionals can add interesting wood elements to your yard.
- Garden Shed: If you’ve got a green thumb or regularly perform landscaping maintenance around your property, a custom outdoor shed can add both beauty and functionality to your outdoor living space. You’ll be able to find and access your tools more quickly, keep them safe from the elements, and eliminate clutter from your garage or elsewhere on your property. Plus, these sheds look truly charming and can add some extra value to your home.
- Tree Bench: Outdoor seating options are always in demand, but there’s one type that can really make your yard stand out. If you have a large, mature tree or two, you may want to consider adding a wooden tree bench to surround the trunk. This will provide a place to sit comfortably during those perfect summer days. Whether you want a place to read your book in peace or to simply look up at the sky and watch the clouds, the tree bench is an excellent way to merge natural wood elements together and provide more usable space for your family.
- Gazebo: There’s something truly special about a gazebo. This shelter provides a way for you to enjoy the favorable temperatures outside while being shielded from the sun’s hottest rays. It’s really the best of both worlds — and it makes the perfect setting for a party or family get-together. Of course, it’s also a means for you to add more value to your property (and to get more out of it during the year). This type of custom carpentry for landscaping might not be the first option you think of, but it’s definitely one that feels much more exciting than your average backyard feature.
- Swing Set: If you have children, having reliable access to playground equipment is the dream scenario. Having a custom swing set in your own backyard allows you to keep a constant watch on your kids without having to leave home. And as with any type of custom carpentry for landscaping purposes, you’ll have a chance to incorporate the features that matter most to you and your family. It’s also an excellent selling point for those who plan to list their home in the future.
- Pergola: Having an outdoor dining space is a real plus for many homeowners. But if you don’t have a deck (or you simply want another usable dining spot in the yard), adding a custom pergola is often the best option. Whether you have a formal patio or simply want to create a charming structure under which you can dine, a pergola can turn an otherwise average backyard space into one that’s primed to turn the party.
Now that spring is here, it’s time to start thinking ahead to outdoor entertaining. To learn more about how our custom carpentry for landscaping can improve the look and feel of your yard, get in touch with us today.